Mushroom Dosa is a healthy and delicious breakfast dish for kids and adults alike. They can be also be served for lunch or dinner. Stuffed with a mushroom masala, this is a must-try. You don’t need to serve this with any side dish as the masala would be quite sufficient.
Ingredients for Mushroom Dosa
- 1 cup Dosa Batter
- Oil as required
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
For the Mushroom Masala:
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 1 Onion small, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato small, finely chopped
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- few Curry Leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp Coconut grated
How to make Mushroom Dosa
- Grind all the ingredients given for grinding to a fine paste.
- Wash and finely chopped the mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the onions and tomatoes.
- Saute until onions turn light golden.
- Add the ground paste, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the mushrooms and stir well.
- Cook until the raw smell is gone.
- When the moisture has almost evaporated, garnish with curry leaves and remove from flame.
- Add sugar to the dosa batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick dosa tawa over medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and apply oil around the edges.
- When it is three-fourths cooked, add some of the mushroom mixture and spread evenly.
- Fold into half and cook for another 30 to 45 seconds on both sides, carefully flipping it over.
- Remove and serve at once.