1/2 small cauliflower
1/2 cup shelled peas or a handful of double beans
a handful of french beans
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander for garnish
Lightly roast and grind to paste
1 1/2 tbsp roasted gram
1/2 tsp each cumin seeds and aniseeds
1 tsp poppy seeds
4-5 red chillies
2-3 tbsp coconut gratings
2-3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1-2 green chillies, slit (optional)
2 sprigs curry leaves
1. Wash, cut vegetables to desired size, steam cook or pressure cook with some salt.
2. Heat oil, add seasonings and when done add onion, fry till they become brown.
3. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, saute till they turn soft; add ground paste and continue to fry till oil surfaces.
4. Add cooked vegetables, stir fry for 1-2 min. Add a little water, some more salt if necessary and allow all of it to simmer for a while.
5. Add chopped coriander, remove from fire.
Serve with rice.