A delicious and easy to make paratha with garlic. Parathas are a popular Indian bread typically served during breakfast in North India and eaten during luch, evening tiffen or dinner. There are numerous variations of paratha depending on where you go. Serve this with a side dish of choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Garlic (Lehsun) Paratha
Ingredients for Garlic (Lehsun) Paratha
- 4 Cups Plain Flour/Maida
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1/4 Cup Butter melted
- Salt as per taste
How to make Garlic (Lehsun) Paratha
- Combine the maida, water, ghee, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix well and keep aside for 2 minutes.
- Knead again to a chapati dough consistency.
- Make small/medium balls of the dough and roll them out.
- Mix garlic, red chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle some on the rolled paratha.
- Fold the paratha from all sides and shape into a ball so that the ingredients added at step #5 are well mixed.
- Roll it again into a medium circle.
- Heat little butter in a tawa over medium flame.
- Cook the paratha on both sides, applying little butter around the edges.
- Remove and serve hot with side dish of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !