A simple and easy to make raita especially during the hot summer days. Rich in nutrients, this can be served along side rotis, rice or biryani items.
Snake Gourd (Pudalangai) – 2
Curd – 2 cups, thick
Green Chillies – 4 to 5, slit
Sambar Onions (Shallots) – 15 to 18
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
1. Finely chop the onions and snake gourds.
2. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 20 seconds.
4. Add the green chillies and onions.
5. Saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add the snake gourd pieces and saute for another minute or two.
7. Add the grated coconut and mix well.
8. Remove from flame.
9. Combine this with the curd in a large bowl.
10. Add salt and stir gently.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve at once.