A delicious and filling South Indian upma that is suitable as an evening snack, lunch box item, breakfast dish or even a weeknight dinner.
Samba Godhumai Rava (Wheat Rava/Cracked Wheat) – 1/2 cup
Mixed Vegetables – 1/2 cup, chopped
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the rava in a pan until golden.
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal for 30 seconds.
4. Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mixed vegetables and green chillies.
6. Pour 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of water and stir well.
7. Add the rava and salt to taste. Stir well.
8. Simmer for a few minutes or until the moisture has almost evaporated.
8. Remove and transfer to a serving dish.
9. Serve with curds.