Honey Garlic Chicken is a easy and delicious chicken dish cooked in a honey and garlic sauce. Served with plain rice or mashed potatoes, it pairs up nicely with any rice based dish.
This dish comes in two flavours. In some parts, the chicken breast is cut into bite-sized pieces and cooked in the sauce. In the other variation, the chicken breast is cooked as is. Whichever variation you decide to try, the taste will be the same.
A classic dish that is perfect for a lazy weekend meal or a weeknight dinner, the Honey Garlic Chicken takes less than 20 minutes.
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 Small Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tblsp Garlic finely minced
- a pinch Garlic Powder
- 5 tsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
- as required White Sesame Seeds
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Toss well to combine.
- Heat butter in a pressure pan.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned and slightly crisp.
- Pour the chicken stock and stir.
- Combine the garlic, honey and soy sauce.
- Add this to the pan and stir until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to reduce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if using.
- Serve with rice.