Baby Potato Fry is a delicious, simple and popular dish from South India. Best served as a side dish with rice, roti or dosa.
Baby Potatoes – 250 gms
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp (adjust as required)
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – little
Mustard Seeds – little
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Clean and wash the potatoes well.
2. Pat dry.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Fry for 15 seconds.
5. Now add the potatoes and the spice powders.
6. Stir to mix well and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. When the potatoes have cooked (and tender), switch off the flame and cover the pan with a lid for 2 minutes.
8. Serve as a side dish with rice or roti.