Potatoes – 4, boiled and mashed
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Red Chilli – 1 to 2, small
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Aniseed – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Oil – 4 tblsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the red chillies, cinnamon and aniseeds.
3. Remove and keep aside to cool.
4. Then grind together with a little water.
5. Add the remaining oil to the same pan.
6. Fry curry leaves and onions.
7. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Stir-fry till the tomatoes are mashed well.
9. Add the potato and mix well.
10. Add the ground powder and pour a cup of water.
11. Bring to a boil and stir well.
12. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve as a side dish with chapati or rice.
Potato Gravy Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
- 11 Healthy and Low Fat Cooking Tips Modern cooking is not only about taste and presentation but most cooks also prefer cooking healthy and low-fat recipes these...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Potato Gravy Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.