Potatoes – 4, boiled and mashed
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Red Chilli – 1 to 2, small
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Aniseed – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Oil – 4 tblsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the red chillies, cinnamon and aniseeds.
3. Remove and keep aside to cool.
4. Then grind together with a little water.
5. Add the remaining oil to the same pan.
6. Fry curry leaves and onions.
7. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Stir-fry till the tomatoes are mashed well.
9. Add the potato and mix well.
10. Add the ground powder and pour a cup of water.
11. Bring to a boil and stir well.
12. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve as a side dish with chapati or rice.
Potato Gravy Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Potato Gravy Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.