Potatoes – 4, boiled and mashed
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Red Chilli – 1 to 2, small
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Aniseed – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Oil – 4 tblsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the red chillies, cinnamon and aniseeds.
3. Remove and keep aside to cool.
4. Then grind together with a little water.
5. Add the remaining oil to the same pan.
6. Fry curry leaves and onions.
7. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Stir-fry till the tomatoes are mashed well.
9. Add the potato and mix well.
10. Add the ground powder and pour a cup of water.
11. Bring to a boil and stir well.
12. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve as a side dish with chapati or rice.
How to Make Potato Gravy Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Potato Gravy Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.