Maida – 4 cups
Dry Yeast – 2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Luke Warm Water
Milk for brushing
1. Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
2. Sprinkle yeast and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Mix the frothy yeast, salt and oil in a bowl.
4. Add flour and knead to a soft dough adding enough lukewarm water.
5. Cover with a wet cloth and keep aside to rise.
6. When the dough rises, knead again and keep aside to rise again.
7. Knead again and shape to fit into a greased loaf tin till the tin is half filled.
8. Keep aside for 30 minutes and brush with the milk.
9. Place the tin in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 30 to 40 minutes.
10. Remove and cool.
11. When cooled, slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
12. Place the slices in a baking tray and bake till light brown and crisp, at 150C/300F.
13. Remove and cool.
14. Store in an airtight container.