Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a simple, quick and delicious comfort food that you will come back to again and again. Crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside, this is such a versatile dish suitable for any occasion and any meal.
You can serve it as is or as an accompaniment to soups (cream of tomato soup + grilled cheese sandwich is a match made in heaven) or as an appetizer to a main course.
From the rustic varieties to the gourmet variations, there are so many variations to this classic American comfort food.
If desired, you can add sliced tomatoes or finely chopped green chillies to the cheese sandwich.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients for Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 Bread Slices
- 3 to 4 tsp Butter - 3 to 4 tsp
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese (or you can use cheese slices)
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 Green Chillies finely chopped
How to make Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Spread butter on each slice of the bread.
- Sprinkle cheese and pepper powder on one slice and cover with the other.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium flame.
- Place the prepared sandwiches and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook until the bottom slice is golden brown.
- Flip it over carefully and cook the other side.
- When the cheese starts to melt, remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve at once.