Prawn is among the most loved seafood which is also preferred due to its nutritious and aphrodisiac properties. It tastes simply amazing especially when it is natural flavor blends with the musty and strong flavors of spices.
Prawn Pepper Masala recipe is a dish that you would easily find in seafood restaurants especially those that are located by the beach side. You will also find it in the small shops and vendor stalls located on the beaches of the coastal regions of India.
The combination of pepper and ginger-garlic paste gives a rich and tantalizing flavor to this delicacy. Kids relish them as they love to munch in the juicy prawn meat stuffed with the spicy jest of the ingredients.
Clean the prawns carefully before using them in the recipe. Also, do not forget to remove the thin wire like thread located in their backside as they might startle you as you eat the prawns. Some people prefer to fry it in ghee but health-conscious people tend to use low-fat oil to make it healthier for them.
Like any other seafood, prawns also contain selenium which is important for the health of our body cells. Prawns are healthy for bones as they are full of phosphorous, magnesium, copper, etc. Prawns are also a rich source of vitamins and iron which boost your immunity and make you stronger and healthier. Therefore, it is a good option to include Prawn Pepper Masala in your diet regularly.
You can easily find this recipe in restaurants and hotels but you never know if they are using a premium quality oil. Therefore, it is better to cook this spicy delicacy in your home and you can have it with rice or roti for your lunch or dinner.
Prawn Pepper Masala Recipe
Ingredients for Prawn Pepper Masala
- 250 gms Prawns cleaned, deveined, washed
- 1/4 cup Onions finely chopped
- 2 nos Green Chillies finely chopped
- 3 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 no Tomato finely chopped
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- handful Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 3/4 inch Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Saunf
- few Curry Leaves
How to make Prawn Pepper Masala
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry the cinnamon, saunf and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute until golden.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes.
- Stir well and cook for a minute more.
- Add the prawns, turmeric powder and salt. Add 2 to 3 tblsp water if required.
- Stir well.
- When the gravy starts to thicken and prawns are cooked, sprinkle pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Remove from flame.