A very popular recipe from Chettinad Cuisine. This Muttai Kuzhambu (Egg Kuzhambu) is best served with hot rice.
Boiled Eggs – 3
Onion – 1, big, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cinnamon – 3/4 inch piece
Saunf – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Using a fork, gently score the eggs and keep aside.
2. Grind together the coconut, peppercorns, saunf, garlic, tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add the cinnamon, curry leaves and saunf.
5. Fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions and saute for a minute or two.
7. Add the ground masala and stir well.
8. Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of water (adjust as required).
9. Bring to a boil.
10. Add the eggs and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
11. When it starts bubbling, switch off the flame and remove.
12. Serve hot with rice.