A delicious Chettinadu style Chicken Curry. Serve with hot rice.
Chicken – 500 gms, washed, cleaned, chopped
Sambar Onions (Shallots) – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – small handful, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Cardamoms – 2
Saunf – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the tempering ingredients and fry for a minute.
3. Add the chopped onions and saute until golden.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and stir well.
5. Simmer for 30 seconds and add the tomatoes.
6. Add the coriander leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and pepper powder.
7. Mix well and add the chicken pieces.
8. Add salt and pour 1/2 cup of water.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the lid and stir once. Cover again and bring to a boil.
11. When the chicken is cooked and tender, sprinkle coriander leaves and pepper powder on top.
12. Stir to mix well.
13. Remove from flame and serve hot.