Palakottai (Jackfruit Seeds) are used to make sambar, kootu or fried over open flame and eaten.
Palakottai (Jackfruit Seeds) – 200 gms
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Coconut – 4 tsp, grated
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Peel the skin from the jackfruit seeds and crush.
2. Add salt and pressure cook until 2 whistles.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 30 seconds.
5. Add the ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
6. Fry for 30 to 60 seconds.
7. Drain the jackfruit seeds and add to the pan.
8. Stir well.
9. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal in little oil and add to the pan.
10. Mix well and add grated coconut.
11. Stir to mix well and remove from flame.
12. Add lemon juice and stir again.
13. Serve as a side dish with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !