A quick and tasty breakfast dish or can also be served as a snack.
Poha (Aval) – 1 cup
Potato – 1, peeled, finely chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Carrot – 1 tsp, grated
Green Chillies – 2
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
1. Boil the potatoes until tender and remove.
2. Sprinkle a bit of water on the poha and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram dal and fry for 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Add the onions, green chillies, potatoes, carrot and salt.
6. Stirfry for a minute.
7. Squeeze dry the poha and add to the pan.
8. Stir to mix well.
9. Garnish with curry and coriander leaves.
10. Remove from flame and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
11. Serve hot.
Tip: If desired add fried peanuts or cashew nuts.