Drinking lemongrass juice on a regular basis is an ideal way to detox your body. Lemongrass has numerous health benefits including reducing cholesterol, contains Citral, an anti-cancer agent that causes cancer cells to die, anti-inflammatory, reduces blood sugar levels and more.
Lemongrass stalks – 250 gms, chopped
Caster Sugar – 150 gms
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Ice cubes as required
Water – 1 litre
1. Heat water in a large pan over medium flame.
2. Add the chopped lemongrass and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Strain well into a pitcher or a large jug.
4. Add sugar and salt.
5. Stir well until dissolved.
6. Transfer to a separate pan and place it over medium flame.
7. Bring to a boil and remove from flame.
8. Allow it to cool completely.
9. Add 2 to 3 ice cubes to a serving glass and pour the juice over it.
10. Serve chill.