A delicious, healthy and nutritious breakfast dish. A great way to get kids eat the vegetables. Serve with a choice of chutneys.
Semolina – 1 cup
Beaten Rice – 1 cup
Vermicelli – 1 cup
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli – 4
Ginger – small piece
Curd – 3 cups
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Bottle Gourd – 250 gms
Carrot – 2
Curry Leaves – 2 tsp, chopped
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast vermicelli, semolina and beaten rice separately in a pan till each of them become golden brown.
2. Grate vegetables and coconut.
3. Mix grated items along with other masala and roasted items in curd and add salt.
4. Stir it well.
5. Let the dissolved ingredients be soaked in curd for about 3-4 hours.
6. Prepare idly by pouring the batter in idli plates and steam them in a cooker.
7. Serve with coconut chutney or onion chutney and sambar.