Spinach – 250 gms, cleaned, washed, chopped
Mustard Leaves – 250 gms, chopped
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Onion – 1, small, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves
Ghee (or Oil) – 1 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water as required
1. Pressure cook the spinach and mustard leaves without water for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Grind together with 1/4 cup of water to a smooth puree and keep aside.
3. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
4. Saute the onions and garlic until onions turn light brown.
5. Add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
6. Add garam masala powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and 2 to 3 tblsp of water.
7. Reduce flame to low and cook until oil starts to separate.
8. Now add the spinach puree and salt.
9. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
10. Remove and transfer to a serving dish.
11. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !