Pizza Base – 1, medium size (readymade or homemade)
Spinach – 1/2 cup, chopped, cleaned, washed
Mozzarella Cheese – 60 gms, chopped
Chicken Breast – 100 gms, cooked, sliced
Onion – 1/4 cup, sliced
Olives – few, chopped
Mushrooms – 1/2 cup, sliced
Basil Leaves – handful, torn
Sun-dried Tomatoes – 1/4 cup (with the oil)
Red Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped, roasted
Red Chilli Flakes – a pinch
Black Peppercorns – a pinch, powdered
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp, dried
Walnuts – few, chopped, to garnish
1. Grind together the tomatoes, capsicum, olive oil, oregano, red chilli flakes and peppercorns with 2 to 3 tblsp of water until coarse.
2. Spread this evenly over the pizza base.
3. Sprinkle the spinach, chicken, onion, olives, mushrooms, basil and cheese.
4. Place it in a preheated oven at 175C and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crisp.
5. Remove and garnish with chopped walnuts.
6. Cut into slices and serve warm.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !