Mutton – 1 kg, chopped
Basmati Rice – 1 kg
Curd – 1 cup
Onions – 6, chopped
Tomatoes – 6, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 100 gms
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 4 tsp
Green Chillies – 4, slitAdd adada
Cashewnuts – 100 gms, soaked in water for a few minutes
Almonds – 25 gms, soaked in water for a few minutes
Coconut Milk – 3 cups
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Cinnamon – a small piece
Clove – 1
Bay Leaf – 1
1. Grind the cashewnuts and almonds to a fine paste.
2. Add half of the ginger garlic paste to the mutton pieces.
3. Add salt and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Fry the cinnamon, clove and bay leaf for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions, tomatoes and remaining ginger garlic paste.
7. Saute well for 2 minutes.
8. Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, green chillies and ground almond paste.
9. Add coconut milk and enough water.
10. Bring to a boil.
11. Wash the rice and add to the pan.
12. Add the mutton pieces and cook till half done.
13. Cover with a lid and simmer over low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
14. When the rice is cooked and mutton pieces are tender, remove from flame.
15. Serve hot with onion raita.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !