Semolina Fried Prawns (or also known as Prawns Rava Fry) is a delicious, easy to make street food snack across the coastal regions of India, especially in Goa.
Prawns – 4, peeled, deveined, tails intact, washed and cleaned
Oil for frying
Semolina (Rava) – 125 gms
For the marinade:
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the prawns and mix well until well coated.
3. Keep the bowl in a fridge and marinate the prawns for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan.
5. Spread the semolina on a plate.
6. Roll the marinated prawns on the semolina and keep aside for a minute or two or until set.
7. Deep-fry the prawns in hot oil till light golden and crisp.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot with chutney.