Roasted Gram Flour – 1 cup
Vazhaipoo (Banana Flower) – 1/2 cup, finely chopped, soaked in little buttermilk for 10 minutes
Onions – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Garlic – 1 to 2 tsp, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/4 tsp, finely chopped or grated
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Mint Leaves – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Combine all ingredients, except oil, in a bowl.
2. Mix well, adding a little water if required, to a thick dough.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Make small balls and flatten them to a vada shape.
5. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve hot with chutney of choice.