Bhindi/Okra – 500 gms, cut into 3 inch pieces
Tomato – 2, roughly chopped
Onion – 2, sliced
Green chillies – 3, slit
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 tsp, grated
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Coriander – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
Oil for frying bhindi
Salt as per taste
1. Fry the bhindi in hot oil till brown.
2. Drain excess oil on paper napkins and set aside.
3. Fry fennel and cumin seeds in 2 tbsp oil for 30 seconds.
4. Now add sliced onions and ginger and garlic and fry for 3 minutes till light brown.
5. Add chopped tomato, slit green chillies, red chilli powder and salt.
6. Cook covered on low heat until tomatoes become soft.
7. Add a little water to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
8. Add the fried bhindi and garam masala and toss gently. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Bhindi Masala Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Bhindi Masala from Awesome Cuisine.