Rasam Powder – 4 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Grind to a paste:
Toor Dal – 1 tblsp, lightly fried
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
Ghee – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the tamarind extract, rasam powder and salt.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add some water to the ground paste and add to the rasam.
5. Bring to a boil again.
6. Heat ghee in a small frying pan.
7. Fry the tempering ingredients.
8. Add to the rasam and remove the pan from flame.
Jeera Rasam Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Jeera Rasam from Awesome Cuisine.