Oil – 2 tblsp
Dried Red Chillies – 3 to 4
Brinjals – 2 cups, chopped
Onions – 1/4 cup, chopped
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, chopped
Garlic Cloves – 2, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Fresh Ginger – 2 tblsp, minced
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Tamarind Paste – 1/2 tsp
1. Place oil in a warmed frying pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the red chillies, brinjals, onions, tomatoes and garlic.
3. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add turmeric powder and stir well.
5. Fry over medium heat for 4 minutes till the brinjals are tender.
6. Transfer contents to a blender together with the peanuts, ginger and salt.
7. Add 3/4 cup of warm water and grind to make a thick coarse paste.
8. Add 1 to 2 tblsp more water, if needed.
9. Spoon the chutney into a bowl.
10. Mix in tamarind paste and refrigerate.
Kathirikai Chutney Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kathirikai Chutney from Awesome Cuisine.