Mutton – 500 gms, boneless, skinless, chopped
Spinach – 1 large bunch or 2 medium bunches
Saunf – 1 tsp
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Clean, wash and chop the spinach leaves.
2. Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a pressure pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the saunf for 10 seconds.
4. Add onions, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and saute well for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
5. Add the chopped mutton pieces, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
6. Pour enough water and simmer for a few minutes.
7. In a separate pan, add 1/4 tsp oil.
8. Add the spinach leaves and saute for a minute.
9. Remove and grind this to a puree, adding little water if needed.
10. Add this to the mutton mixture and mix well.
11. When it starts to thicken, remove from flame.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve with rice or roti.