A simple, delicious and healthy dish with Karamani (Black Eyed Peas). Ideal for lunch or dinner.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Red or White Karamani – 1/4 cup
Green Mangoes – 2 tblsp, grated (optional)
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Oil – 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the karamani for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain well.
3. Add enough water and sprinkle some salt.
4. Pressure cook until 1 or 2 whistles or until cooked.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai.
6. Saute the onions and green chillies for a minute.
7. Drain the karamani and add to the kadhai.
8. Add grated mangoes and ginger garlic paste.
9. Mix well.
10. Add the garam masala powder and cook for a minute.
11. Now add the rice and stir until nicely mixed.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.