Parboiled Rice – 2 cups
Jaggery – 1 1/4 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the rice for 2 hours and grind to a smooth consistency.
2. Soak the dal for 30 minutes and cook till tender.
3. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the ground rice batter.
4. Add salt and mix well.
5. Add the dal and stir.
6. In a separate pan, boil the jaggery with 1 cup of water till it is semi-thick.
7. Add to the batter and mix well.
8. Fry the cashews and grated coconut in ghee till golden.
9. Add to the batter and add cardamom powder.
10. COok till it starts to thicken.
11. Transfer to a plate and cut into slices.
12. Allow it to cool and serve.
13. Garnish with cashewnuts, if desired.
The dish has a thick jelly-like consistency and is usually eaten in this form, or sprinkled with nuts for added flavour.