Brinjals – 250 gms, sliced lengthwise
Sweet Corn Kernels – 2 cups
Onions – 2, sliced
Tomatoes – 3, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
1. Pressure cook the sweet corn kernels and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium.
3. Add all the seasoning ingredients and fry for a minute.
4. Add onions, green chillies and fry until onions turn golden.
5. Add tomatoes and stir well for 2 minutes.
6. Pour tamarind extract, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder and brinjal pieces.
7. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the brinjals become tender.
8. Add the corn kernels and cook until all liquid has evaporated and the curry is dry.
9. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
10. Serve hot with rice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: sirisfood.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !