Chicken Broiler – 1, without skin
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 1/2 tblsp
Pomegranate Juice – 1 1/2 tblsp
Hung Yogurt – 1/2 cup, whisked
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Black Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – 1/2 tsp
Double Cream – 2 tblsp
Butter for basting
Salt as per taste
1. Make incisions on both sides of the breast, thigh and drumstick.
2. Combine red chilli powder, lemon juice and pomegranate juice in a bowl.
3. Rub this over the chicken evenly and marinate in a fridge for 2 hours.
4. Mix yogurt with the other ingredients and marinate the chicken for 3 hours in a fridge.
5. Skewer the chicken and roast for 10 minutes in a preheated oven/grill at 180C/350F.
6. Remove and drain the excess moisture.
7. Baste with butter and roast for another 4 minutes.
8. Remove and serve hot with roti or rice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.