Prawns – 6, deveined, shelled
Butter – 1/2 tblsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp, broiled, coarsely powdered
Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
Green Chillies – 3, deseeded, chopped
Fried Onion Paste – 1 tblsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
Cream – 1/4 cup
Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Heat butter in a frying pan over moderate flame.
2. Add the fennel seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
3. Add green chillies, garlic and onion paste.
4. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
5. Add all the other ingredients, except prawns, and cook for 6 to 9 minutes.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add the prawns to an ovenproof dish and spoon over the reserved mixture on top.
8. Cover and cook in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for 15 minutes.
9. Remove and transfer to a plate.
10. Serve hot with rice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !