- Ciabatta – 1/2 loaf, crusts removed and torn into pieces
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic – 2 cloves, peeled
- Basil Leaves – 1 cup
- Roma Tomatoes – 5, ripe
- White Wine Vinegar – 3 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper
- Rocket Leaves – 125 gms
- Black Nicoise Olives – 28 to 30, small
- Spread the bread pieces on a baking tray and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Crush the garlic and basil together.
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze the juice into the garlic-basil mixture.
- Add 2 1/2 tblsp olive oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper to the garlic basil dressing.
- Mix well.
- Roughly chop the tomato flesh.
- Mix the bread, rocket leaves and chopped tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with black olives.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !