- Carrots – 350 gms, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Fennel Seeds – 1/3 tsp, crushed
- Fruity Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fresh Coriander – finely chopped
- Mint Leaves – finely chopped
- Boil the carrots in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes, until tender but still a little crisp.
- In the same pan, combine the garlic, fennel seeds and olive oil.
- Cook gently until very fragrant.
- Return the carrots to the pan, add the lemon juice and stir.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes to cool.
- In a small dry pan toast the cumin seeds until they are very aromatic.
- Transfer and grind to a powder.
- To serve, sprinkle the ground cumin and fresh herbs over the carrots.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !