- Chokos – 2, peeled and stoned
- Fresh Corn Kernels – 1 cup
- Celery – 1 cup, sliced
For the Herb Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper – ground
- Dried Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Thyme – 1/2 tsp
- Flat-leaf Parsley – 3 tblsp, chopped
- Small Onion – 1/2, finely chopped
- Cut the choko flesh into thick slices.
- Steam for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Spread on a plate to cool.
- Boil the corn in lightly salted water for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Blanch the celery for about 40 seconds in boiling water. Drain.
- Transfer choko slices to a salad bowl and add the corn and celery.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Add the salt, ground pepper, oregano, thyme, parsley and onion.
- Mix well.
- Pour this over the salad and mix well.