- Green Beans – 200 gms
- Cherry Tomatoes – 200 gms
- Basil Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Kidney Beans – 400 gms, rinsed and drained
- White Onion – 1/2, finely sliced
- Feta or Goat’s Cheese – 2 to 3 tblsp, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- Fruity Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
- Salt as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper as per taste
- Top and tail the green beans and cut in half.
- Parboil in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into half.
- Shred the basil leaves.
- Spread the green beans and kidney beans over a platter.
- Scatter the tomatoes, herbs and onion on top.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil and vinegar in a small bowl with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Scatter with the cheese.