- Pumpkin – 200 gms, peeled and thinly sliced
- Green Beans – 12, cut in half
- Cauliflower Florets – 16, small
- Chinese Cabbage – 100 gms, shredded
- Snow Peas – 8, cut into strips
- Salad Onion – 1, finely sliced
- Red Chilli – 1, deseeded and very finely sliced
- Roasted Peanuts – 2 tblsp, crushed
- Coriander Leaves – a few sprigs to garnish
For the Spicy Coconut Dressing:
- Coconut Cream – 1/3 cup
- Fish Sauce – 1 1/2 tblsp
- Fresh Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
- Soft Brown Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Hot Chilli Paste – 1/3 tsp
- Steam the pumpkin for about 8 to 9 minutes, until tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the beans for 2 minutes.
- Remove and refresh in a bowl of cold water.
- Add the cauliflower to the boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes, until tender but still a bit crisp.
- Remove and Transfer to the cold water.
- Add the cabbage and snow peas to the boiling water.
- Stir until limp.
- Drain and add to the cold water along with the other vegetables.
- Drain the vegetables.
- Combine with the pumpkin, onion and chilli in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir gently.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish.
- Garnish with the peanuts and coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !