- If the scallops are in shells, use a small knife to pry the shells open, then rinse under cold running water.
- Cut the scallops and coral free from the shells.
- Slice the flesh into 2 to 3 horizontal slices each.
- Place in a nonmetallic bowl with the corals.
- Remove the heads and peel the shrimp.
- Using a small sharp knife, devein them and add to the scallops.
- Cut the sea bass fillet into thin slices across the grain and add to the bowl of seafood.
- Firmly roll the lemon and lime backward and forward on a counter to help release the juice.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the fish.
- Repeat with the lime.
- Gently stir to coat the seafood well in the citrus juices, then cover with the plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until the seafood becomes opaque, but do not let stand for longer otherwise the seafood will be too soft.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the seafood to another bowl.
- Add the onion, chilli and olive oil.
- Stir gently.
- Set aside at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the seafood onto individual serving plates.
- Serve immediately with salad greens, lemon wedges and black pepper.