- Thick-skinned Oranges – 4
- Red Onion – 1, sliced very thinly
- Black Greek Olives – 16, large, pitted
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Lettuce Leaves – to serve
- Fresh Herbs – chopped (parsley, mint or dill), to garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and pith from the oranges.
- Cut the flesh into 1/4 inch thick slices, discarding the seeds and white membrane.
- Put the oranges and any juice, the onion slices, and the olives in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad ingredients.
- Gently toss together, then chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Line a shallow dish with lettuce leaves and transfer the salad into it.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.