Spinach (palak) – 3 bunches
Milk – 1 cup
Onions – 3
Potatoes – 5 or 6
Beard – 4 slices
Green chillies – 2 or 3
Ginger – 1″ piece
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter or oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil- for deep frying.
1. Pressure cook potatoes, peel and mash thoroughly.
2. Soak bread in water, squeeze and add to the potatoes mix with finely cut onions , chillies, coriander leaves, garam masala powder, salt, mango powder and small amount of the finely chopped palak.
3. mix well and prepare small balls.
4. Deep fry in hot oil and keep aside.
For the gravy :
1. Chop onions and mince ginger.
2. Wash and chop palak finely.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and fry the palak with little sugar added to it.
4. Sprinkle water if necessary.
5. In a few minutes it becomes soft. (sugar is added, which preserves the green colour).
6. Remove from fire, cool and grind to a smooth paste.
7. heat butter in a kadai, fry chopped onions, add ginger then the ground palak with milk, salt, chilli powder, mango powder, turmeric, and garam masala.
8. Mix well and boil till it becomes a thick gravy.
9. Add koftas just before removing from fire or while serving.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !