Potatoes – 4, cut lengthwise into medium size matchsticks
Besan Flour – 3 tsp
Rice Flour – 2 tsp
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp or as per taste
Asafoetida – a small pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil to fry
Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
1. Wash the potato pieces and pat dry with a kitchen cloth.
2. Keep them covered for 5 minutes and dry them again.
3. Transfer to a broad bowl and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
5. While the oil is heating up, add besan, corn and rice flour to the bowl.
6. Add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, red chilli powder, salt and mix.
7. Add a little water and mix well.
8. Fry them in batches till golden brown, ensuring they do not stick, and remove.
9. Drain excess oil.
10. Serve hot as a snack with ketchup.
Tip: You can also sprinkle salt and red chilli powder (instead of adding them at step 6) after frying if desired.