Potatoes – 250 gms
Green Peas – 1/2 cup, shelled, boiled
Onions – 3 to 4, ground to a coarse paste
Tomatoes – 125 gms, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – little
Turmeric Powde – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 to 1 1/2 tsp (adjust as required)
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil – 4 to 5 tsp
1. Boil, peel and dice the potatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 20 seconds.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and stir-fry for 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Add the ground onion past and saute until golden.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute.
7. Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt.
8. Cook until the oil starts to separate.
9. Add the cooked peas and potatoes.
10. Pour enough water and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
11. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot.
Tip: Adjust water depending on the type of gravy you want.