Basmati Rice – 250 gms
Chicken – 250 gms, cut into small pieces
Onion – 1, small, sliced
Mint Leaves – a small bunch
Curd – 1/2 cup, thick
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Biryani Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Saffron Strands – few, soaked in 1 tsp milk
Salt as per taste
1. Cook the rice with little salt and few mint leaves till 3/4th done.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Saute the onions till golden and add the chicken pieces.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and biryani masala powder.
5. Add the remaining mint leaves and curd.
6. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
7. Arrange the chicken and rice in alternate layers into a greased pan.
8. Pour some water or chicken stock and cover the pan.
9. Add saffron and cook till the rice is fully coooked and blended well with the chicken.
10. Stir to mix well.
11. Serve hot with onion raita.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.