Whole Chicken – 2 kgs, giblets removed
Black Peppercorns – 15
Cinnamon – 2 one inch sticks
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Cardamoms – 4
Juice of 2 Lemon
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Salt as per taste
1. Mix salt and lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Marinate the chicken in this for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Transfer the chicken to a pan.
4. Add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken and reserve the stock.
7. Cook the chicken in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
8. Remove and cover with a foil.
9. Strain the reserved stock and cook on high heat till it has thickened.
10. Add salt if required.
11. Serve the chicken with the sauce and some roasted or boiled vegetables.
What am I supposed to do with the other ingredients other than the salt and lemon?
Please check the method properly. In Step 4, you should add all the other ingredients.