Shoulder of Lamb – 1 1/2 kg
Plain Rice with 1/2 tsp salt
Egg Yolks – 4
Oil – 3 tblsp
Onion – 1, large, finely chopped
Lemon Juice – 3 tblsp
1. Cut the lamb into 5 inch long slices.
2. Pound each piece and place in a shallow dish.
3. Mix the ingredients for marinade and pour over the lamb.
4. Turn the strips until they are well coated.
5. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 day.
6. Lay the strips of meat on a grill and cook quickly, turning frequently so that the meat cooks without drying.
7. Transfer individual serving portions on to a plate and cover with plain rice.
8. Sprinkle sumac over the rice and place a dollop of butter and egg yolk on top of the rice.
9. Serve with yogurt and salad.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !