Brinjals – 6, medium
Salt – 2 tsp
Oil – 8 tblsp
For the Filling:
Onion – 1, large, finely chopped
Minced Lamb – 450 gms
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Paprika – 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes – 2, blanched, peeled, chopped
Water – 300 ml
For the Topping:
Tomatoes – 3, quartered
Green Capsicum – 3, seeded, quartered
1. Cut the tops off the brinjals.
2. Then cut them in half lengthways.
3. Remove some of the pulp from each half leaving the shells about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Arrange the brinjals on a plate.
5. Sprinkle 2 tsp of salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
6. Rinse the brinjalls under cold running water and dry.
7. Heat 6 tblsp oil in a frying pan.
8. Saute the brinjal halves for about 3 minutes, turning from time to time.
9. Transfer the halves to a large, shallow dish and arrange side by side.
10. Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
11. Saute the onions uuntil soft.
12. Add the minced lamb, salt, pepper, paprika and chopped tomatoes.
13. Stir well and saute for 5 more minutes.
14. Add water and cook for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
15. Remove the pan from the heat and fill each halved brinjal with the meat mixture.
16. Place a quartered tomato and green capsicum on each half.
17. Pour any pan juices into the dish.
18. Bake in a preheated oven to 190C/375F for about 30 minutes.
19. Remove from the oven.
20. Serve hot with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !