Minced Lamb – 450 gms
Green Capsicum – 1/2, chopped
Onion – 1, small, chopped
Tomatoes – 4, blanched, peeled, chopped
Parsley – 2 tblsp, chopped
Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
Salt – 2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Brinjals – 4
Potatoes – 4, large
Tomatoes – 4, large
1. Mix the minced lamb, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, parsley, tomato puree, salt, black pepper and chilli pepper in a large bowl.
2. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Peel strips of skin lengthwise from the aubergines to give them a striped effect.
4. Peel the potatoes and wash the tomatoes.
5. Slice all the vegetables, at 1 cm in intervals, crosswise about 3/4 of the way down so that they remain attached at the bottom.
6. Take each vegetable and fill the gaps with a little of the meat mixture.
7. Arrange the stuffed vegetables tightly in an ovenproof dish so that they keep their shape and hold the meat in place.
8. Half cover them with water seasoned with a little salt.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the vegetables are tender.