Maida – 250 gms
Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Powder – 4 tblsp
Sugar – 200 gms
Oil – 200 ml
Thick Curd – 1 1/2 cups
For the Layering:
Mango – 200 gms, cut into strips
Sugar Syrup – 3 tsp
1. Sift the maida, chocolate powder and the baking powder.
2. Leave it aside in a mixing bowl.
3. In a mixer place the sugar and grind to a powder.
4. Mix the curd, oil and blend the mixture so that all the ingredients mix well.
5. Mix in 3 tbsp of lukewarm water.
6. Gently mix this wet mixture into the maida mixture, mixing with a spoon gently so that both the wet and the dry ingredients blend together.
7. Grease a round cake tin.
8. Pour the batter into it and place in a preheated oven and bake at 180C for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake is baked and looks golden brown on top.
9. Once the cake begins to look golden brown, pierce a knife in the centre of the cake.
10. If the knife comes out clean then the cake is baked. Allow the cake to cool.
11. Sprinkle the sugar syrup on the mango slices, if the mango is not too sweet.
12. Cut the cake horizontally into two layers.
13. Place the mango pieces in between the two layers.
14. Place some of the pieces on top of it .
15. Keep in the fridge till it is time to serve.
16. Serve chilled.