Chicken Drumsticks – 3
Chicken Thigh Fillets – 3
Red Onion – 1, large, thinly sliced
Rice Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper as per taste, ground
Sugar – 2 large pinches
Vietnamese Mint or other Mint – 1/3 cup, chopped
Lettuce Leaves – 3, finely shredded
1. Place the drumsticks and thighs in a pan with enough water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
3. Simmer for about 25 minutes until tender.
4. In a small bowl, mix the onion with vinegar and a generous pinch of salt and sugar.
5. Separate the layers of onion.
6. Cover and leave for 20 minutes.
7. Drain the chicken and let them cool.
8. Debone and discard skin.
9. Tear the chicken into fine strips.
10. Place the chicken strips in a bowl with the mint leaves and another large pinch of salt and sugar.
11. Season to taste with pepper.
12. Toss lightly with the chicken.
13. Drain and lightly rinse the onions and add it to the salt.
14. Serve over shredded lettuce.