Mutton or Lamb Chops – 500 gms
Oil – 1/2 cup
Onions – 6, finely sliced
Mustard Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Water as required
Potatoes – 3, peeled and sliced
Green Chillies – 4, slit lengthwise
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, sliced
Mint Leaves – 1 bunch
1. Heat oil in a frying pan.
2. Add the lamb chops, onions, mustard powder, salt and ginger together.
3. Cover the pan and cook till the chops are tender. Add little water.
4. Add the potatoes and green chillies.
5. Saute to brown the chops and fry potatoes.
6. Add tamarind pulp and red chilli powder.
7. Simmer on a slow fire for about 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Add half a cup of water and cook for another two minutes if gravy is required.
9. Garnish with sliced onions and mint leaves.
10. Serve hot with chapatis and rotis.