Sengottai is a town in TamilNadu bordering Kerala. This dish is very famous in the region and is called Sengottai Border Chicken Fry.
Chicken – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Paste – 5 to 6 tsp
Rice Flour – 2 to 3 tsp
Maida – 2 tsp
Curd – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Corn Flour – 4 tsp
Roasted Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 4 tsp
Oil to deep fry
Kesar Powder – a pinch (optional)
1. In a bowl mix chicken pieces with red chilli paste, rice flour, maida, curd, egg, corn flour, salt, ginger garlic paste and kesar powder.
2. Mix well and keep it aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Add lemon juice and let it stand.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Spread the roasted gram flour on a plate.
6. Roll the chicken pieces on the flour and deep fry in oil.
7. Add curry leaves while frying and let it cook until crisp.
8. Remove and drain the excess oil in kitchen towels.
9. Serve hot.